cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Windchill 10.0 Release Pushed Back?

MichaelMarshall
1-Newbie

Windchill 10.0 Release Pushed Back?

Maybe I'm imagining things, but during 2009's PTC/User conference, didn't PTC state that Windchill 10.0 would be released "Summer 2010"?

I do remember having a conversation with several PTC employees after that statement, with them saying that Fall of 2010 is more likely. Fair enough.

Reading Rita Stange's (of ConnectPress) article concerning her takeaways from PTC's Annual Global Media and Analyst Event held last week, I noticed this statement:

"But Shepherd did give a glimpse of Windchill 10.0, set for release in early 2011."

Surprised? Not really...and I don't mean that in the usual complaining way. WC is a huge, complex set of applications, so I understand delays. I'm just curious if I'm mistaken concerning the originally-announced release time frame.

More importantly, I was really looking forward to some in-depth presentations and discussions on the benefits of WC 10.0 during the upcoming PTC/User 2010. I'm concerned that we're not really going to get much of a useful preview now, due to the pushback.

1 REPLY 1

Michael,

You can be assured that PTC/User 2010 Attendees will have access to
quite a bit of information about Windchill 10.0.

Will Kohler

PTC

Top Tags