cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Windchill 11.2 Implementation

BrianToussaint
19-Tanzanite

Windchill 11.2 Implementation

I'm curious as to if anyone has already upgraded to Windchill 11.2 or is planning on going to Windchill 11.2?  We are looking at upgrading to it because of document classification, but someone told me to go to 11.1 instead which doesn't have document classification.

Thoughts on this?

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

The product calendar shows that support for 11.1 extends almost a year past that for 11.2.  Have not seen this before - must be more info to learn about why.

That said, we have a 11.2 "sandbox" that we're actively exploring. Classification of Documents and many other things are very attractive and we likely will go to 11.2 early 2020.

@MikeLockwood 

Mike,

Care to share any other good points for 11.2?  I'm trying to decide between 11.1 and 11.2 upgrade (next June) myself.

James

Windchill 11.0

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:JHall)

By next June, I would expect 12.0 to be out along with Creo 7.0

My planning is to go from Windchill 11.0 to 12.0, since I cannot use Creo 4 with Windchill 11.0. Once up on Windchill 12, then jump from Creo 4 to Creo 7.

@BenLoosli I thought the only version, based on the pdf matrices I just downloaded this month, that didn't work with 11.2 was 5.0.

That is correct. 11.2 will support 4, 6 and 7.

I will have 3 Windchill systems by the end of the year in production, so upgrades can be a real pain. Have to keep them somewhat coordinated. I am just finishing the 2 new Windchill systems at 11.0 m030. Since we have no plans or needs to go to Creo 6, we are planning on the Windchill12 then Creo 7 for late next year.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:BenLoosli)

@BenLoosli 

Creo 4 can be used with PDMLink 11.0. We have that combination now.  I have the document from PTC that shows it is compatible.  Am I missing something?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:BenLoosli)

"since I cannot use Creo 4 with Windchill 11.0"

My mistake, should have said Creo 7 with Windchill 12.

I have windchill11.0 and Creo 4 running today.

Have to go to Windchill 12 next, then Creo 7.

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:JHall)

I have screen captures from what's new doc - but can't figure out how to attach.

11.1 M020 has a longer support window

Top Tags