cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Windchill 11 vs 3DExperience Enovia 2017

ChrisPLM
9-Granite

Windchill 11 vs 3DExperience Enovia 2017

Hello everyone,

My heavy hands on experience with Windchill has stopped with 10.2. I have seen demonstration of 11 at Liveworks events and youtube. It seems that in 11 everything is an app.  I am currently learning about Enovia 2017 and there everything is an app.  I do not know if it is me getting old but I find that those apps are not as efficient than the way you could navigate in 10.2. Also what they call their Social collaboration, seems to be a very uncontrolled and messy areas for people to dump all sort of information and in the training I got, they do product development there....  I assume things will make a lot more sense once I have completed the whole training.

I recall PTC also introducing such feature (surely for the millemium generation) but I wonder then how they make the link to PDM so while I agree, a discussion area is necessary, this is only to start generating Idea not to start product development.

Can you please share with you your thoughts and experiences.

PS: Sometimes I wonder if the product developer of PLM systems are too much influence by their own use of social media....

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags