cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Windchill BoM - same part, but different appearances

TL_rookie
5-Regular Member

Windchill BoM - same part, but different appearances

Hello All!

I have an assembly (created in Creo 8 )what contains two sealings. 

It's the same O-ring, but once it appears in its normal state, in an other location it is compressed. 

Originally the assembly contains 2 parts for the 2 states of the O-ring. 

In Windchill, it's the same WTPart, with the 2 CAD documents attached (owner and image associations). 

The 3D model of the CAD document looks OK, but at the WTPart, it's not, the O-rings are not placed well. 

Is there a way to make the representation of the WTPart to look the same as the representation of the CAD document? TIA!

pic1.pngpic2.png

2 REPLIES 2
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:TL_rookie)

I believe the default option for publishing CAD assemblies is to create an .ol file for each of its components as part of the assembly representation. A bit inefficient but its able to handle cases like assembly cuts and flexible components. In this case, it does not appear you've used a flexible o-ring that can be a different shape when assembled in different locations. You have two models. How are you generating the representation on the WTPart? It should be pulling the associated CAD assembly which should publish part1 and part1_a correctly in those positions and the WTPart inherits the CAD assembly's representation. If the WTPart structure simply pulls the underlying models associated to the WTPart components, it will not know how to navigate the two different associated models to this o-ring and looks like it has lost its position also. 

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:TL_rookie)

Hello @TL_rookie 

I guess that WTPart representation is shown from the Structure Visualization.

This happens if the assembly is not fully build from cad to WTPart. 

The location of the part is missing on the dynamic structure visualization

The visualization in the structure is build based on the sub visualization part and if the BOM missing the location then this can happen.

I would check the assembly where the part is used and BOM if the build status is fully propagated or not.

PS: definitely there can be many others reasons. 

PetrH 

Top Tags