cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Windchill Desktop Integration install problem

dallen-2
1-Newbie

Windchill Desktop Integration install problem

Hi all,

New here. Just getting up to speed using Windchill, so i'm sure my problem is user error...

Anyway, trying to install Desktop Integration. Downloaded the install file, double clicked on it, and almost immediately get the following error message:

"The processor is not adequate for running Windchill Desktop Integration 10.1 M040."

I've re-downloaded it a couple times and always get the same error.

My workstation is running 64-bit Windows 7 Pro with an Intel Core i7-4800MQ CPU @ 2.70GHz processor and 32.0 GB RAM. I'm not an expert, but this machine shouldn't be limited by the processor, right?

Anyone have any ideas what could be the problem?

Thanks,

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

My guess is that the install file is complaining about your processor architecture. There should be two DTI install files available on the software download page in Windchill. One is a 32-bit version of the installer, and one is 64-bit. Make sure you're downloading the 64-bit version. If you try to run the 32-bit installer on a 64-bit processor, you'll get this error message that you're currently seeing.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

My guess is that the install file is complaining about your processor architecture. There should be two DTI install files available on the software download page in Windchill. One is a 32-bit version of the installer, and one is 64-bit. Make sure you're downloading the 64-bit version. If you try to run the 32-bit installer on a 64-bit processor, you'll get this error message that you're currently seeing.

Chris,

Thanks. I actually just figured that out a little while ago. I've never seen where 64-bit processor coudn't run a 32-bit application. I guess this was different.

Anyway, thanks for answering!

David

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:dallen-2)

Chris is correct, you cannot run the 32bit DTI application on a 64bit system.

Top Tags