cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Windchill - Navigation Back Button

CR_9888056
8-Gravel

Windchill - Navigation Back Button

Hello everyone,

When using the Windchill web interface (Navigation Pane), I'm always having issues with the "Back" button not returning me to the previous page I was on.

It's really frustrating when you do a search for a list of files and if you hit the "Back" button, you lose that page, because it redirects you back to the default home page, so you have to re-enter your search again.

Does anyone else ever run into this issue?

(See attachment)

-CR

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The search on the navigator flyout from the left is not a separate page that applies to the browser back button.  If you want to return to the search list, just click search on the left side to see it again. If you want to change the search, click Edit Search Criteria. I would recommend using middle mouse button to open a result into a separate tab. This way you can return to the tab that you did the search on. I often queue up multiple items in different tabs and close when done.  Many websites do not make use of the back button.  Just remember, executing a search or clicking on a search result item in the table does not blow away your results. Back button affects the main page of the right hand side, not the flyout from the left.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

The search on the navigator flyout from the left is not a separate page that applies to the browser back button.  If you want to return to the search list, just click search on the left side to see it again. If you want to change the search, click Edit Search Criteria. I would recommend using middle mouse button to open a result into a separate tab. This way you can return to the tab that you did the search on. I often queue up multiple items in different tabs and close when done.  Many websites do not make use of the back button.  Just remember, executing a search or clicking on a search result item in the table does not blow away your results. Back button affects the main page of the right hand side, not the flyout from the left.

Thank you,  I appreciate the clarity on that.

Top Tags