cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchill PDMLink 9.0 m050 - Temporarily suspending user access

BlitzSpirit
3-Visitor

Windchill PDMLink 9.0 m050 - Temporarily suspending user access

How do I temporarily stop all the users from accessing Windchill?

In order to do maintenance on Windchill it would be nice if I could temporarily stop all the users from accessing the system, say for an afternoon. I do not have access to the servers and I would like to do this through Windchill itself. I could change everyone's passwords, but with hundreds of users that would be tedious!

(BTW Although I am the business admin for our Windchill, I am not a programming expert, so I need something simple!)

Many thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Hi, we have also had trouble finding out how this is done and our workaround is to stop the load balancers. The load balancers are the way that the users access the nodes. If you are using load balancers then this is the easiest way to prevent users getting onto the system.

Windchill seems doesn't supply the function OOTB, maybe you can do some configuration on apahce server. Hence you should contact system administrator

Yes, it is a shame that PTC do not supply this functionality OOTB. Thank you for your sugestions.

You can temporary remove all users from Windchill DS, and after recover them from backup.

Top Tags