cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Windchill Promotion request

SebastianDrees
6-Contributor

Windchill Promotion request

I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 12.0 and Datecode with CPS 12.0.2.5

is it possible to configure the creation of the promotion request in such a way that the user has to select an approver before "Finish"? Currently, the user can select "Finish" even though no approver is entered.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ok, thanks a lot to you both. We have decided to modify the Promotion Request Approvel Process to reject the request and send an email to the creator of the request. So he has to create a new promotion request.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:SebastianDrees)

Not 'out of the box'.  It can be done, but it requires some customization (custom programming.)

Tom is correct.

Not OOTB but would be easy to add a check that would alert and prevent the user from completing "Finish" if the role Approver (or any other role) has no participants.

If you really need this feel free to contact me at windchill.developer@yahoo.com 

David

Ok, thanks a lot to you both. We have decided to modify the Promotion Request Approvel Process to reject the request and send an email to the creator of the request. So he has to create a new promotion request.

Sebastian,

Rather than rejecting the Promotion Request and forcing the user the make a new Promotion Request why not simply send them a Setup Participant workflow task telling this to add a principal to the role Approver.

Seems like that would be a more efficient way to handle this.

David

Hello SebastianDrees,

I'm Charles from PTC Tech Support in Europe: will you need further information on this topic?

Kind Regards,

Charles Gautier.

Hi,

no thanks. I think the information are enough.

kind regards

Sebastian Drees

HJ1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone
(To:SebastianDrees)

Hi all,

borrowing this thread with another related thing in mind,

is it possible through promotion flow configuration to prevent the Owner selecting himself as an Approver, but have him available for other users as Approver?

In other words, I'm looking at assigning certain users to Team roles Reviewer and/or Approver and using these as Resource pools in the flow, However, there are people who author documents but also act as Reviewers and Approvers but should not do either to their own documents.

Top Tags