cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Windchill RV&S Gateway - Traces in Word Export

HT_10419174
1-Newbie

Windchill RV&S Gateway - Traces in Word Export

Hi,

I'm trying to create a word export template for use exporting a MED_Hazard Analysis document.  I'm able to get most of the content without any trouble, but I have one piece I'm stuck on.  

My document contains several MED_Hazard items, which have been configured with MED_Text and MED_Caused By fields.  The MED_Caused By field is the ID of a MED_Risk item.  Within the Traces tab of the MED_Hazard item I can view the details of the traced MED_Risk item, for example ID=000001, MED_Text=Risk 1.

My understanding of the structure within Windchill is that the MED_Caused By field does not itself hold any information about my risk, it is simply a number that happens to represent an item in the database.  Therefore in my Word export, when I use <%MED_Caused By%> I only see the ID of the risk, and can't find a way to access its MED_Text field.

Based on my example, what I would like to see in my export is:

Caused by: Risk 1 (000001)

Could anyone suggest how I might go about this? Or is it simply not possible?

To be clear this is not a question about the specifics of a MED_Hazard, MED_Risk or MED_Caused By nature.  This is a generic question about how to reference fields from a traced item.  The same logic applies to e.g. accessing the text field of a test case traced to a requirement.

Thanks a lot,

Hester

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags