cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Windchill advanced search with csv-file?

GS_4867400
6-Contributor

Windchill advanced search with csv-file?

Version: Windchill 11.1

Use Case: Search CAD-Documents in Windchill with a csv.-file.

Description:

Hi All,

I have a request to export a larger amount of CAD data from Windchill. So that I don't have to export them manually one by one, I wanted to do this via the advanced search and load them all into a workspace at the same time.

Is there a way to start an advanced search in Windchill using a csv file?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @GS_4867400 

Generally the answer is no.

The advanced search input is always in the UI not from a file. 

Also you can use separator in the number as a semicolon ";" and search more objects by number at one search. 

PetrH

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @GS_4867400 

Generally the answer is no.

The advanced search input is always in the UI not from a file. 

Also you can use separator in the number as a semicolon ";" and search more objects by number at one search. 

PetrH

My solution is now, to export the csv. to a notepad++ File and put all numbers in a row. From there i export the the numbers with semicolon ";" to the Windchill-Search.

That's it what I mentioned..

It is all what you can do and I think there is also some string limit for the search key.

PetrH

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:GS_4867400)

Better way is to use Excel to concat number with a semicolon and the row above. Fill down it will keep adding each number to the increasing string. If it gets too long like @HelesicPetr mentioned, just take a grouping just under limit and restart the formula from that point down.

Yes @avillanueva 

And also It depends on a user skill to work with the Excel 😄

PetrH

Top Tags