cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Windchill user role and interaction

ptc-4281857
1-Newbie

Windchill user role and interaction

Hi all,

We have recently installed Windchill to work with Creo and we are running into a few issues. We wanted to try and install the software our selves to try and get some understanding of how it works before we pay to get it professionally installed.

We are impressed with the progress we have made so far by getting it installed and up and running. We decided to keep at it and see if we could start a project and get it working.

So far I have set up a new user within an organisation how ever I was not sure if this user needs certain roles in order to be able to check in and check out work?

Every time this user checks in work it comes up with an error saying secured action. You do not have the necessary authorisation for this operation. But if I log into the control panel under the users name it shows work being checked in.

I can how ever log in at top level “wcadmin” and check in and check out work fine. But I assume it is not wise to be doing things at this level as its for admin purposes only.

That said I would have thought the “wcadmin could see all checked in and checked out work by users created under it. How ever this is not the case. It only sure work checked in checked out by “wcadmin” itself.

Is there a guide/help file on how to set up the users correctly so that they are able to check in and check out work?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

How's progress on this?

Top Tags