cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wtpart Attributes

GregOlson
15-Moonstone

Wtpart Attributes

I have a requirement to combine two attributes from CAD Documents (owner link) into one attribute in a WTpart. Currently we pull a number of parameters from Creo into Windchill. Our parameter setup is 2 descriptions (description 1 and description 2), that become attribute description 1 and description 2 in Windchill. Is there anyway to combine the two when looking at the WTPart....have both attributes display as one (description 1 + description 2 = description)? I know this can be done in Creo with a relation....but that doesn't fix the 100,000 + objects already created. I logged a case with PTC....but the "Expert" was struggling finding how the attributes are passed from the cad doc to the WTPart, so I closed the case.

3 REPLIES 3
KD
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:GregOlson)

Hi Greg,

Try to concatinate two values in one using Calculated.Not sure whether this is possible.

Else you can write a small data utility to display two attributes value as one.

Thanks,

Kaushik

RoyCrerar
14-Alexandrite
(To:GregOlson)

Did you get an answer on this? I would be inclined to make a calculated attribute and the calculation is description1 + description2. you might also want a space in the middle. Not quite sure of the exact syntax to get that to work might need "description1" +" "+"description2"

GregOlson
15-Moonstone
(To:RoyCrerar)

We went a different route in the end...we used a renaming software from Fishbowl Solutions.  I pulled reports on the data needed, then used excel to combine fields.  Then let the renaming software do its magic.

Announcements
Learn more about how we are using our browser poll here