cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

create a dropdown selection menu for association type selection.

SC_8321054
11-Garnet

create a dropdown selection menu for association type selection.

Hello all,

I want to create a dropdown selection menu from which I can set the association type for my parts in one go.

I have attached an image of my requirement.

How can I ? please help.

Br,

Sandeep C.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:SC_8321054)

It would definitely be a customization, likely a complicated one, to the UI and Part to CAD Doc Association UI. If you are not skilled at making customizations, I would recommend you look for alternatives.

Looking at your screen shot, it seems are you looking to associate a large number of CAD models to a single WTPart. This is ok for things like flexible parts where you might have different versions of that model which represent the same thing. If I use any one of those CAD models, I want that WTPart to be on the BOM. You'll need to use Image link in that case. 

I noticed you used "XX" at the tail end of that WTPart number. I would caution against this practice (personal belief here, no offense if others do this). If XX means "any" of that family, you are creating an imprecise BOM. I've seen this fasteners or electrical components where folks have used X as a wildcard for certain parts of the number. 10-24 screw, anything will do. 10K resistor, any reliability rating. I get idea of stating engineering does not care and you give supply chain maximum flexibility to source components.  Perhaps our business which is space is different. If we want to give options, we have substitutes which engineering clears as acceptable alternates. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:SC_8321054)

It would definitely be a customization, likely a complicated one, to the UI and Part to CAD Doc Association UI. If you are not skilled at making customizations, I would recommend you look for alternatives.

Looking at your screen shot, it seems are you looking to associate a large number of CAD models to a single WTPart. This is ok for things like flexible parts where you might have different versions of that model which represent the same thing. If I use any one of those CAD models, I want that WTPart to be on the BOM. You'll need to use Image link in that case. 

I noticed you used "XX" at the tail end of that WTPart number. I would caution against this practice (personal belief here, no offense if others do this). If XX means "any" of that family, you are creating an imprecise BOM. I've seen this fasteners or electrical components where folks have used X as a wildcard for certain parts of the number. 10-24 screw, anything will do. 10K resistor, any reliability rating. I get idea of stating engineering does not care and you give supply chain maximum flexibility to source components.  Perhaps our business which is space is different. If we want to give options, we have substitutes which engineering clears as acceptable alternates. 

Top Tags