cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

how to create a product structure?

mattmatt
1-Newbie

how to create a product structure?

HI,all.

i have a question.How to create a product structure?For example,usually i finish my design and upload it to windchill in proe.There is an assembly and its 7 child parts.And i want to create a product structure.I found that i had to create each wtpart for a proe part . And the most depressing things is i have to create the relationship betweent the child wtpart and the parent part.

If there are many parts and level in my prodcut,this task will be very difficult.

How to make it easyier, or automated?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jsc95
1-Newbie
(To:mattmatt)

There are a coupld of different ways to do this. You could import the Product Structure from a spreadsheet, but that means you have to create a spread sheet in the proper format. You could also use the check box when checking in the Auto Associate or Create, which will either associate the ProE part with the WTPart or create a new WTPart.

Good Luck,

Jim

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jsc95
1-Newbie
(To:mattmatt)

There are a coupld of different ways to do this. You could import the Product Structure from a spreadsheet, but that means you have to create a spread sheet in the proper format. You could also use the check box when checking in the Auto Associate or Create, which will either associate the ProE part with the WTPart or create a new WTPart.

Good Luck,

Jim

Jim's suggestions are both good.

You could also Auto-associate the Creo CAD Documents in the Workspace by selecting them and invoking the Auto-associate command. It works just like the check box Auto Associate or Create in the check-in dialog, except you could see what Part will get created and associated with which CAD Document before the check-in is actually performed. The Part structure will then be automatically created during the subsequent check-in command execution, based on the corresponding Creo assembly structure (.asm and .prt CAD Documents).

Best regards,

Plamen

Top Tags