cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

rehost on Linux

MarkPlimley
6-Contributor

rehost on Linux

I'm getting an error with the rehost utility for Windchill 12.0.0.0 on a Linux system. Oracle is on the same server and it is running. I can connect to Oracle via sqlplus <dbUser>/<dbPassword>. Windchill was installed as the root user and I'm running rehost.sh as root in a Windchill shell.

But the rehost is failing with "java.sql.SQLRecoverableException: IO Error: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection," and specifically "java.io.IOException: Connection refused, socket connect lapse 0 ms. <hostname_here>/0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 1521 0 3 true" with "target.db.hostname" in the rehost.properties file set to the hostname. I also tried setting target.db.hostname to 127.0.0.1.

This is on a DEV server, so it is not configured with a domainname.

Anybody have troubleshooting tips?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Looks like I solved the problem. I updated listener.ora and tnsnames.ora with the DEV server's hostname. I still has the source server's hostname when I ran rehost.sh.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Looks like I solved the problem. I updated listener.ora and tnsnames.ora with the DEV server's hostname. I still has the source server's hostname when I ran rehost.sh.

Top Tags