cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

rehost on Linux

MarkPlimley
6-Contributor

rehost on Linux

I'm getting an error with the rehost utility for Windchill 12.0.0.0 on a Linux system. Oracle is on the same server and it is running. I can connect to Oracle via sqlplus <dbUser>/<dbPassword>. Windchill was installed as the root user and I'm running rehost.sh as root in a Windchill shell.

But the rehost is failing with "java.sql.SQLRecoverableException: IO Error: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection," and specifically "java.io.IOException: Connection refused, socket connect lapse 0 ms. <hostname_here>/0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 1521 0 3 true" with "target.db.hostname" in the rehost.properties file set to the hostname. I also tried setting target.db.hostname to 127.0.0.1.

This is on a DEV server, so it is not configured with a domainname.

Anybody have troubleshooting tips?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Looks like I solved the problem. I updated listener.ora and tnsnames.ora with the DEV server's hostname. I still has the source server's hostname when I ran rehost.sh.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Looks like I solved the problem. I updated listener.ora and tnsnames.ora with the DEV server's hostname. I still has the source server's hostname when I ran rehost.sh.

Top Tags