cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

seeking option to fix retrieving issue - released assembly in production and sub-part revised

Gurdeep
3-Visitor

seeking option to fix retrieving issue - released assembly in production and sub-part revised

I am looking for a option or setting in Windchill, that will allow retrieval of assembly in state it was released which includes all the sub-parts and their drawings as well when it was released "in production"

refer to image attached

basically, if in a released assy + parts + their drawings = all in production state, if I take a sub part and revise it and check it back in to common space, then when I download/retrieve the top level assembly, it downloads the latest version.

I want the top level assembly to download sub-parts and their drawings in same revision as when they were released in production in conjunction with top level assembly

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Gurdeep)

If you open an assembly in Creo that is stored in Windchill, the default settings are set to 'Load latest'. This gives what you are seeing.

If you download to your workspace first, you can specify 'As Stored' and get in your workspace what you are looking for.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

The only way I know how to do this is with filters. When adding an assembly to workspace, there is always a filter being applied for how to retrieve the dependencies. The default is "latest". You can change this to use a Baseline, Promotion Request, or As Stored

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Gurdeep)

If you open an assembly in Creo that is stored in Windchill, the default settings are set to 'Load latest'. This gives what you are seeing.

If you download to your workspace first, you can specify 'As Stored' and get in your workspace what you are looking for.

Top Tags