cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

windchill 10.2 M030 upgrade

闫闫_9761043
4-Participant

windchill 10.2 M030 upgrade

I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 10.2 and Datecode with CPS M030

The latest Windu patch cannot be downloaded from the official website of windchill 10.2 M030 version. Do you need to update the Windchill software to the latest CPS28 version before you can upgrade? Or do you mean that 10.2 M030 no longer needs the windu patch and can be directly upgraded?

Translated by the Community Moderation using Google Translate
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 10.2 and Datecode with CPS M030

windchill 10.2 M030版本官网下载不到最新的Windu补丁,是需要更新Windchill软件到最新的CPS28版本才能升级还是说10.2 M030不再需要打windu补丁就能直接进行升级

4 REPLIES 4

I would start with the following articles. Are you planning on upgrading in stages to get to latest version?

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS396319?source=bloop

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS283500?source=Bloop

What version of Windchill are you planning to upgrade to?

I don't think you can go directly from 10.2 to 12.1 or 13.0. You will need to upgrade to 11.0 or 11.1 first.

Always run WinDU before an upgrade using the version that is compatible with your CPS of Windchill.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:闫闫_9761043)

This document will show what you need to move between versions.  As mentioned previously, it will take a 2-step upgrade to get from 10.2 to 12.1.

Windchill Supported Update/Upgrade Paths (ptc.com)

Hello @闫闫_9761043

PTC's recommendation is to install the latest CPS on both the source system and the target system before upgrading. Installing the latest CPS is to ensure that the occurrence of BUGs is minimized on the same version.

However, there are also many customers who have successfully upgraded without installing the latest CPS. For versions after 10.2, Windu's patches are all presented in the form of CPS. Only versions before 10.1 have such a term.

Translated by the Community Moderation using Google Translate
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

你好 @闫闫_9761043 

PTC的建议是源系统和目标系统都要先安装最新的 CPS,然后再去升级。安装最新的CPS是为了保证在同版本上最大程度的减少BUG的出现。

但是也有很多客户不安装最新的CPS也升级成功了。10.2之后的版本,Windu的补丁都是以CPS的方式呈现,只有10.1之前的版本才有补丁这样的说法。

Top Tags