cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Anyone got an open source Creo to HTML5 viewer package?

ChristopherLewi
10-Marble

Anyone got an open source Creo to HTML5 viewer package?

Looking at WebGL at the moment and being amazed at the potential this has for delivering [presumably] small datasets to others.

Right now i don't see any Creo/Parametric or View or Illustrate or Schematics to WebGL or public library for this.

I want to publish Creo Parametric MBD PMI (for free) to webGL compatible HTML code so the viewing of our Creo content can work in all modern browsers across all devices and operating systems.

I want to publish Creo Illustrate Processes and Animations (for free) to webGL compatible HTML code so the viewing of our Creo content can work in all modern browsers across all devices and operating systems. In this scenario it would be advantageous to have a 'level of detail' reducer for the heavy components to make interaction quicker.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:ChristopherLewi)

This sounds very similar to what PTC is doing in their new Windchill Access Apps.  Instead of having to install Creo View, they are using (I believe) WebGL to provide Creo View functionality natively in the browser (on a tablet).  No software installation is required.

Currently playing with saving obj files and using them in the open-source three.js API to render to a web viewer. I currently think it may be possible to export both an obj and a step including PMI and then write an extract step to pull the PMI entities from the step file.

We will be glad to do a custom plugin developed for Html/WebGL exporter for Creo. We have developed couple of Html/WebGL plugins for other platforms like Inventor, Solidworks, Revit, Max , Maya, and others. We have knowledge of Creo api's so this is very much possible. Please write back if interested.

Thanks, Shilpa

Top Tags