cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Creo view express 3.0 opend "creo view ed" type file but only shows the model tree and can not active the model tree

jli
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Creo view express 3.0 opend "creo view ed" type file but only shows the model tree and can not active the model tree

Hello everyone, first of all, thank you very much for the help!

Here is the problem: I am doing some modeling works for my client by using creo and saved the file as a copy in "creo view ed" type (it is an assebled model). I sent the "ed" type file in email to my client, but when they opened it, there is only model tree and when try to active the model tree, there shows a red cross in front of the step.

something like this,

I am thinking if it is because there is related files missing, so the model can not be showed. My teacher suggested me just save all the "prt/asm" files as a backup and send them to the client,

I did, and this time it works, but what is bothering me is that there are too many files if I saved as backup, it is not convenient for the client to download them all.

So I would like to ask if there is any other solutions that I can save my model as a more simple file type that the client can also open it successfully?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
llie
16-Pearl
(To:jli)

"My teacher suggested me just save all the "prt/asm" files as a backup and send them to the client,"

Where are you saving these files from, Creo Parametric or Creo View?

If Creo Parametric, use Save As, Save a Copy and the select Creo View (.pvz) for the Type

In Creo View, use Save As, Save All as PVZ

PVZ stands for Product View Zip which contains all associated data just like any other zip

The .ed file is just one part that makes up the assembly model. you need the rest of the files to go along with it, that is why you need to use PVZ

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

You talk about a teacher and a client. Can education software be used with standard software without something special from PTC? I don't think so.

llie
16-Pearl

"My teacher suggested me just save all the "prt/asm" files as a backup and send them to the client,"

Where are you saving these files from, Creo Parametric or Creo View?

If Creo Parametric, use Save As, Save a Copy and the select Creo View (.pvz) for the Type

In Creo View, use Save As, Save All as PVZ

PVZ stands for Product View Zip which contains all associated data just like any other zip

The .ed file is just one part that makes up the assembly model. you need the rest of the files to go along with it, that is why you need to use PVZ

jli
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:llie)

OK, thank you very much! I will save a copy as PVZ in creo parametric and then send to the client.

Best Regards

Jane

Top Tags