cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

How can you make the same style of cross hatching of a part in different drawing views?

Vladimir_G
1-Newbie

How can you make the same style of cross hatching of a part in different drawing views?

Hello, everyone!

Does anybody know how I can set the same style of cross hatching of a part in different drawing views?

Every time I make a section on a projection view of my assembly the style of cross hatching of a part is different.

So I have to change a distance and an angle of cross hatching in every view of a drawing.

By the way, why does Creo put cross hatching line on a view twice? As a result, I have to erase unnecessary lines at first and than correct cross hatching style.

I attached picture with my drawing.777.jpg

Thank you for your help,

Vladimir.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Vladimir...

Try setting the configuration option pro_crosshatch_dir. This can be done in your config.pro file or through the Creo configurations menu. This option allows ytou to specify a directory where you can store your saved hatching. Rather than storing your saved hatching in the local working directory, save it into a common library folder and use the pro_crosshatch_dir option to automatically point into that folder.

The next time you want to retrieve your cross hatching, you won't have to hunt around for it.

Thanks!

-Brian

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi Vladimir,

if you define the xhatch settings in the 3D mode, then they will also apply for new views of your drawing. Unfortunatly they don't update if you change them afterwards.

But there is also Toolkit app called SmartXhatch. With this tool you can easily set xhatch angles/spacing/etc. for all views with just a few clicks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y157GQYcj4I

feel free to cantact me at samuel@buw-soft.de

greetings

Sam

Samuel Brantner
B&W Software GmbH

Good morning!

Samuel, Kevin, thank you very much for your answers.

I tried them and I found out both of them very useful.

But there are some problems.

If you change the cross hatch settings in 3D mode you'll be able to get the same cross hatch style on different views which contain this section (which you work with in the model). But if you make another cross section on a view, you'll see that a cross hatch style of parts in this section are different from the previous.

Anyway, saving and retrieving hatch styles is a brilliant oportunity to accelerate this work.

But is there a way to make saved hatch styles accessible in other working directories?

When I changed my working directory I hadn't found them in a list of hatch styles.

Best regards, Vladimir.

q1.jpg

q2.jpg

KevinBradberry
5-Regular Member
(To:Vladimir_G)

Vladimir,

That's a good one. It would be very time consuming to do them one at a time. Hopefully, Samuels info will help.

Saving a hatch style and then retrieving it will save you some time if you don't find a fitting solution.

hatch menu.PNG

Hi Vladimir...

Try setting the configuration option pro_crosshatch_dir. This can be done in your config.pro file or through the Creo configurations menu. This option allows ytou to specify a directory where you can store your saved hatching. Rather than storing your saved hatching in the local working directory, save it into a common library folder and use the pro_crosshatch_dir option to automatically point into that folder.

The next time you want to retrieve your cross hatching, you won't have to hunt around for it.

Thanks!

-Brian

Hello, Brian!

That is a pity, but I can't make it works.

I specified a directory for my hatching as "C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 1.0\Common Files\M010\text\crosshatch" and saved some hatch styles. But when I had chosen another working directory I didn't find them in the list.

There were just standard cross hatch styles. I cheked the configuration option pro_crosshatch_dir in the Creo configurations menu and that was correct :"C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 1.0\Common Files\M010\text\crosshatch".

I tried to find new cross hatch style files ( *.xch format) in my folders and in the Creo folders but there weren't any. But the new cross hatch styles is still accessible in the directory where they were created .

It looks like a magic - I see a hat but where is a rabbit?

Thank you very much for your help,

Vladimir.

q1.jpg

q3.jpg

q4.jpg

Hey Vlad,

you have to put your custom xhatches in a seperate folder (example: c:\creo_config\xhatch) and set the pro_crosshach_dir option to that folder.

greetings

Sam

Samuel Brantner
B&W Software GmbH

Hello, Samuel.

Thank you very much for your help.

I managed to do it at last.

That was my fault. I thought that Creo saves automatically custom xhatches in the folder, which you defined in the configurations menu. So I was amazed when I could't find them there. Now I understand that I have to put my custom xhatches in this folder manually from the working directory.

Best regards, Vladimir.

Top Tags