cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

In machine part inspection

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine

In machine part inspection

To All,

We have 2 newer machines (both are Makinos)1 with a renishaw OMP 400 touch probe and the other has a Blum TC50 touch probe. We are contemplating buying the software package to "in machine" part inspection of 2D and 3D surfaces. The software from Blum is called Form control or from Renishaw is called Renishaw OMV. The software is very expensive so I was wondering if there was anyone out there already doing this with either of these software packages. I was also wondering how well it works and how easy it actually to use? You are supposed to be able to import a 3D model and pick features you want to inspect. Sounds too good to be that easy!

Or are you just doing it with the basic probe software which allows you to do basic measure routines like basic angle and flat surfaces, holes and bosses for inspection.

I know there is a module in Creo Manufacturing called CMM but that only outputs DMIS programs for stand alone CMM's I believe, I am not sure haven't played with it to see what it actually can do.

Any help would be appreciated.

Steve

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

I worked for Goodrich cargo systems back in 05. They had all the toys you could imagine (i was running a Makino Mag 3) They went the route of programming thier CMM machines rather than in machine inspection. However if you are looking for a system that will measure then calculate and adjust automatically (which can be setup with macros at the control) It might be worth the money. Wish I had more advice but your way past my level.

I am familiar with Metrolog CMM software (excellant 3D software and easily programmed), but not with "in machine" inspection. Most of the inspection that I have done has been with Zeiss CMM machines.

Hello, I was just wondering; did you buy such software?

i am trying to find a way to program castings in CreoNC with an inspection program in front of it (without bying ProCMM that is 13k€ but with the standard VERIFY probe CL commands), that should change all the programmed points in function of the measured points..

right now these nc programs were all created by hand, so it is full of parameters in the nc code instead of absolute coordinates. I have not found any way to do the same in CreoNC.

Arno,

We did not purchase the software mentioned in the first post. We had it quoted at around 25K. So we decided that it would be cheaper to just sketch the probe ball at various points on the part in Creo and do a quick 2D dimensioned drawing of the probing points and then have the operator do a manual probe program and check to the drawing dimensions. This method is a little more work, But it does work for us quite well.

Steve

Top Tags