cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Moving a assembly feature into Part

rrangaswamy
1-Newbie

Moving a assembly feature into Part

Sometimes we are creating the feature in an assembly mode (Eg. Creating Cut / hole feature) , but later we want to move into a particular part.

Is there anyway to do that?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8

Hi,

you cannot move assembly feature into a part. You can make it visible in part - to do this you have to edit definition of assembly feature.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi Ramkrishan,

You can add assembly features to part as per below process. Basically it creates instance so parent/child relationship is maintain. This may be useful to you.

Hole created in assembly and visible in part level instance. You need to select display level to part level. By default it is set to top level.

Thanks,

Jitu

jthakor
3-Visitor
(To:jthakor)

Addition to that if we are having multiple features to intersect then you need to check weather it is creating part instance or not?

Thanks,

Jitu

Hi Jitu

Thanks for the feedback, Came to know the instance Option which is new for me.

It is read only, not able to change the parameters while inside the part mode.

Thank you

Ram

Hi Rama,

I didn't understand your second sentence. "It is read only, not able to change the parameters while inside the part mode"

Do you have any question on adding parameter on instance or generic part?

Thanks,

Jitu

Hi Jitu,

Read Only - I meant that If I want to change the parameter (For Eg, modify the hole dimensions), I am not able to modify in the Part mode (where we added as instance)

Thank you

In the part mode,the feature will be merge feature.So,you can't modify in the part mode.First,you should modify the hole dimensions in the assembly mode,and then intersect the feature definition again.

mrd
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:rrangaswamy)

dear RR,

you can activate the component in the assembly mode with out going to part model and add hole feature,try it

Top Tags