cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Negative version level for product

KA_10463142
2-Guest

Negative version level for product

Recently I notice a negative version level for product in common space. Not sure how this happened, does any body has a clue why this happened. I am using  Creo Parametric  Version 8.0.4.0

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:KA_10463142)

While it may look like a negative number, it's actually not.  A version is comprised of the revision, a dot, and the iteration.  The revision series is configurable, but typically something like A, B, C, D, E,... or 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ... is used.  It's pretty common to have the first revision in either series start with the dash ( - ).

TomU_0-1677331253353.png

See these help pages:

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TomU
23-Emerald IV

While it may look like a negative number, it's actually not.  A version is comprised of the revision, a dot, and the iteration.  The revision series is configurable, but typically something like A, B, C, D, E,... or 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ... is used.  It's pretty common to have the first revision in either series start with the dash ( - ).

TomU_0-1677331253353.png

See these help pages:

Thank you.

You can set each Windchill Product to start with either a "-" or a number for the revision scheme. You image is showing the version which is comprised of revision.iteration.

Version=revision.iteration

A.5

LL.21

Thank llie, my issue is that I changed the version level to 1 and checked the model to common space. The next day the model level is changed to -.1 and -.2

I like to know or found the root cause.

Thank you.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Look at the history of the part in the commonspace to see what the History of the check-in and revision history is

StephenW_0-1677515131337.png

kdirth
20-Turquoise

Every time you check in a model the revision goes up one point (e.g -.1, -.2, -.3)

If you Revise the model in windchill the revision goes up one level (e.g. -.0, 1.0, 2.0 or A.0, B.0, C.0).

kdirth_0-1677515783162.png

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Top Tags