cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Pro- Engineer PDF export

ptc-4962424
1-Newbie

Pro- Engineer PDF export

I am trying to export a .dxf into a pdf. When I create the pdf, some sort of hidden lines or something obstructs the views above. I have turned off all layers , but for some reason the pdf file picks up on something that the drawing does not show. I have never encountered this before. I have it narrowed down to an assembly that causes the problem, but cannot find the geometry within that is causing the obstruction. I have erased all I can on the .dxf. I am lost. Please Help.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

I tend to have problems when I use closed and/or filled polygons. Try setting the text to line segments if you can.

Sometimes I have found that you have to go into the individual parts and assemblies and turn the layers off individually in those parts. Nothing worse than checking your PDF and it shows stuff that you thoughtyou have hidden!

I will try these out. Quite the pain! Thank you!

Top Tags