cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

drawing BOM of assembly from imported STP file

anthonyws
11-Garnet

drawing BOM of assembly from imported STP file

I have a step file assembly imported into creo and the drawing BOM table sees it as a part. I cannot seem to correct this with any methods I am familiar with. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:anthonyws)

@anthonyws 

Go to the table table, then repeat region icon, then in the menu manager that pops up, hit Flat/Rec item and pick the table.

StephenW_0-1698756390361.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

I am guessing that Creo is seeing it as a part file and not an assembly. In order for the repeat region BOM to see the assembly structure, your import will need to be seen as an assembly. 

Yeah, That's what I see but how to do that is the question. I was able to sort of drag the assembly up the list and expand the features (I think I moved the features out of the imported assembly.) I tried a bunch of things and got it to work but without a clear understanding of what is happening, I don't have confidence it'll be repeatable in a reliable way. I'll have to google around. Cheers

StephenW
23-Emerald II

When I import step files, I usually get an extra level. So to generate a BOM on a drawing, I would need to either add the model to the drawing that has the structure as I want to see it or  set the bom item(s) in the table as recursive so it goes down to the level I need.

I do remember the recursive trick from some training but for the life of me I cannot find it. It was nested in a dropdown I remember. 

StephenW
23-Emerald II

@anthonyws 

Go to the table table, then repeat region icon, then in the menu manager that pops up, hit Flat/Rec item and pick the table.

StephenW_0-1698756390361.png

Thanks, That helps, I think I can figure it out from that. 

Hello,

To resolve the issue of Creo recognizing a STEP file assembly as a single part, verify component identification, check file structure, review assembly constraints, configure the BOM, and consider re-importing.

I hope this will help you.

Thanks.

Regards
Eden Wheeler
Top Tags