cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

"SUMMARY" -- Is anyone running Pro/E WF5 on a Windows 7 64-bit system with success?

marcstewart63
1-Newbie

"SUMMARY" -- Is anyone running Pro/E WF5 on a Windows 7 64-bit system with success?

Hi All,

This is a summary message with the replies that I received from everyone for my question "Is anyone running Pro/E WF5 on a Windows 7 64-bit system with success?"

Here are the responses. Thanks to everyone for their thoughtful responses. It will help us immensely.

· Windows 7 was supported with build M120 or so of Wildfire 4.0, starting last fall. We're not using WF5 yet, so I don't know about specific Win7 support with WF5 builds. We've been running Win 7 64-bit with Wildfire 4.0 on Dell T7500 workstations since late last year, and they work great. They're also supported for WF5.

· I am not sure if you have seen this. We have been doing some testing on Win7 and WF4 and PDMlink 9.1. So far we have not found any issues as of yet. We have only been testing on virtual boxes with a gig or two of ram. We range from 8 gig of ram all the way up to 48 gig on our current 64bit workstations. - Contained a reference sheet for the prewf5 specifications

· I've just ordered an HP Z800 workstation with Windows 7 64-bit. According to the PTC software download center, ProE WF5 is available for Windows 7 64-bit. I've not yet received my new system. Please let me know what useful answers you may receive from the group.
[ - ]<javascript&colon;togglebase(false,%200)> -Configurable- HP Z800 Workstation Microsoft® Windows®
FF825AV
PN: FF825AV®
FF825AV
HP Z800 Workstation
Genuine<">http://welcome.hp-ww.com/country/us/en/mda/genuine_landing.html> Windows XP Professional 64 available through downgrade rights from Windows 7<">http://h71016.www7.hp.com/html/7X.html>
HP Z800 1110W 89% Efficient Chassis
HP Z800 Localization Kit
Intel Xeon X5677 3.46 12MB/1333 QC CPU-1 (Only supported with 1110 W chassis. )
No Item Selected
HP Air Cooling Solution (When choosing this option, a Technical AV - Heatsink MUST be selected)
HP 1x High Perf Heatsink Thermal Kit (This module is required if AIRCOOL is selected. 1st Processor must be high power, greater than 95W. Not supported with two processors. ESTAR=SP)
NVIDIA Quadro FX3800 1GB Graphics
No Item Selected
No Item Selected
HP 12GB (6x2GB) DDR3-1333 ECC 1-CPU RAM (Supported only with Single Processor)
HP 320GB SATA 7200 1st HDD
HP 320GB SATA 7200 2nd HDD (Primary drive must be SATA)
HP 320GB SATA 7200 3rd HDD (Second drive must be SATA)
No Item Selected
No Item Selected
No Item Selected
HP 16X DVD+-RW SuperMulti SATA 1st Drive
No Item Selected
HP RAID 5 (Parity Array) Configuration (All HDDs must be identical. Only 3 or 4 HDDs. If SAS, controller card required) Not supported with: 1.5TB or 2TB SATA 1st HDD; 1TB 3HDD
No Item Selected
No Floppy Disk Kit
HP PS/2 Standard Keyboard
HP PS/2 Optical Scroll Mouse
No Item Selected
No Item Selected
No Item Selected
Genuine<">http://welcome.hp-ww.com/country/us/en/mda/genuine_landing.html> Windows 7<">http://h71016.www7.hp.com/html/7X.html> Ultimate Recovery Media
3 years parts, labor and onsite service (3/3/3) standard warranty. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.

Microsoft® Office Small Business 2007 - OEM License Kit

9x5 next business day onsite - 5 years, workstation only

LSI 3041E 4-Port SAS 3Gb RAID Card

· We are running WF5.0 m030 in a workstation that I've configured myself last year (before core i5/i7 processors come up...), it's not Dell or HP and It is running like a charm:

o Core2Quad Q9550 2,83Ghz

o 8Gb RAM DDR3

o Windows 7 Professional 64bits (English)

o GeForce Quadro FX580 (this is the entry level videocard from Nvidia, it works better than FX1700 I don´t know why...)

o No driver issues, no(almost) crashes and smooth 3D work with big assemblies(+18000 components)

· I am running wf5 64bit on win7 64bit and it is great. Launch time is seconds not minutes. I have a Gigabyte board with 12g ram and a Gigabyte nvidia gtx480 video card with 1.5 GB dram and 480 cores. Boot drive is 80 GB SSD. All for under $2K. Get the I7 930 CPU as it can be overclocked to 975 specs and still run cool. I plan on looking into CUDA applications, especially CFD (OpenFoam). I've left it on for 3 weeks 24/7 and it is still rock solid.

· I am very interested in the responses you get. I should have asked that question myself, but did not consider it... My new Lenovo W510 running Win7/64 will be here in a week or two and I will be loading WF5 on it to hopefully get some work done. Please share your findings!

· I am writing in regards to you concerns submitted to ptcuser related to Windows 7 64-bit and WF 5.0. I have listed mid-range platform specifications below. Hope this helps.
Hardware

Qty

Item Type

Description

Price

Platform

Precision T3500 64 Bit

Processors

Quad Core Intel® Xeon® W3530 2.80GHz, 8M L3, 4.8GT/s

Memory

6GB, 1333MHz, DDR3 SDRAM, ECC (3 DIMMS)

Case

Mini-Tower Chassis Configuration

Video Card

768MB NVIDIA® Quadro® FX 1800, DUAL MON, 2 DP & 1 DVI

Controller

Integrated Intel chipset SATA 3.0Gb/s controller

Hard Drive

320GB SATA 3.0Gb/s with NCQ and 16MB DataBurst Cache

Optical Drive

16X DVD+/-RW w/ Cyberlink PowerDVD(tm) and Roxio Creator(tm) Dell Ed

Keyboard

Dell QuietKey Keyboard

Mouse

Dell USB 2 Button Optical Mouse

Operating System

Genuine Windows® 7 Professional to XP Pro,SP2,64bit,Media,English

Monitor

Dell G Series G2210 22in Wide Monitor, VGA/ DVI

Warranty

3 Year Basic Limited Warranty and 3 Year NBD On-Site Service

Hardware Subtotal:

$2,345.00

TOTAL:

$2,345.00

· I am running WF5 on windows7 on my home machine via VPN license pickup. Run's great. Memory usage is improved on Vista/Win 7 64bit. From our tests, Xeon processors aren't really required, just the better graphics card. The std. Core i7 quad cores configured with 12gb ram and a quaddro or fireGL do a wonderful job of handling large assy.

· It'll blow you away. Pro/e launches in 5 seconds. I open a 500MB assy in 45 seconds. Then, subassys are instantaneous. I've had 8 windows opens with the subassys with no discernable degradation in performance. I'm only running 1920 x 1080 resolution limited by the monitor. Check out the GTX480 at Nvidia.com for more info. The card can give 2560 x 1600. The MB is a GA-X58A-UD3R with 2 oz copper and solid caps. I have rev 1.0, but there is a 2.0 out. Both have USB 3.0 (10x 2.0) I originally started with a XFX set and had nothing but grief. Gigabyte really is great. I've used their dual cpu server boards in the past. These can use 3 video cards in SLI configuration. Win 7 is the Ultimate version, but the Professional is the same w/o security Bitlocker.

S20

Intel Xeon W3520

2.66 GHz

NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800, 768 MB, 182.65

6 GB, DDR3

XP Professional SP2 64bit

Wildfire 4.0

IBM [

Lenovo S20

Intel Xeon

3.07GHz

NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800

12GB

XP service pack 2

Wildfire 4.0

M140

IBM [

Lenovo S20

Intel Xeon

3.07GHz

NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800

12GB

XP service pack 2

Wildfire 3.0

M180

o Follow Up Question to previous response: Thank you for the information. Do you have any graphics related issues?

§ No issues with the graphics card. Hope this helps,

· Windows7 is supported on WF5. We started WF on Windows7/64bit workstations and no problems, everything runs smooth.

o Follow Up Question to previous response: Thank you for the information. Do you have any graphics related issues?

§ We had no issues so far with Pro/E WF5 and Windows7 or with the fact that is 64bit. We had a few problems with previous release (WF3) drawings that contained BOM qty balloons which we couldn't save in AutoCAD14. This is the only issue we had. There are some compatibility issues with AutoCAD14, but that's about all we experienced. The UI for drawing part is a little different, based on Ribbon interface found on new Microsoft products but other than that the learning curve was normal for our users. As part of upgrade we bought a training licence on PTC's Precision LMS, self-face on-line training which helped. No graphic issues. We don't have Intralink or Windchill.

· I'm running WF4 on a custom built windows 7 64bit machine. No problems with Pro/E, not running any intralink or windchill. But there are no drivers for our older xerox plotter. I have to plot to file and manually send each print to the plotter. It is a pain. I think I can get other drivers to work if I want to experiment with plotter firmware myself, but xerox won't help me and I don't want to screw it up, so I'm just working like this for now.

§ No graphics problems what-so-ever. I built the system with a Geforce GTX 285 card and AMD Phenom II X4 965 processor. The best thing I did was build it with a solid state hard drive. They are pricey, but the performance is awesome. The computer boots in seconds and programs launch almost instantly. Even WF4 launches in less than 10 seconds.

· Yes, I have numerous customers running Wildfire 5.0 on Windows 7

· I can't say for WF5 but WF4 has been fantastic on Win 7 Pro 64bit. I assume 5 would be just as good. Question would be if you are running ILink3.4 or Intralink or PDM link. I think ILink3.4 has problems with 64 bit and must be handled gingerly but the others work well on 64 as it is just a browser interface.

· We were running Intralink 3.4 until last month when we migrated to Windchill 9.1. We are still on WF3 at this time with no issues, however all of our systems with the exception of one are still 32-bit XP Pro. The one system running 64-bit XP Pro has an issue with the Internet Explorer 7 running natively in 64-bit. We are using the 32-bit version with less problems, but not entirely desirable.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags