cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

what is difference between View scale and drawing sheet scale?

RG_10671499
8-Gravel

what is difference between View scale and drawing sheet scale?

Hi,

I am a newbie to Creo and I recently created a small format to test it out the scale properties of a drawing. 

RG_10671499_0-1683631993162.png

here I found 2 scale one is drawing sheet scale(!) and view scale? how to call the view scale function in the title block from a format? For this I used &scale.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:RG_10671499)

As far as I know, you can't display a view scale (custom scale) anywhere except in the note that is auto-generated under the view.

I would suggest setting your sheet scale to be the scale of the major view on the sheet and use a custom view scale for any view that isn't that scale.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II

The &scale is the sheet scale.  A view's scale can be adjusted in the view properties to have its own scale and that should generate a label under the view to denote that scale.

StephenW_0-1683632460244.png

StephenW
23-Emerald II

If you want them to match, remove the custom scale from the view and change the sheet scale to the desired scale.

Thanks. That helps.

But is there any way to display the custom scale? Do I need to change sheet scale every drawing to display the custom scale even though I have a format?

StephenW
23-Emerald II

As far as I know, you can't display a view scale (custom scale) anywhere except in the note that is auto-generated under the view.

I would suggest setting your sheet scale to be the scale of the major view on the sheet and use a custom view scale for any view that isn't that scale.

Top Tags