cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are working to address an issue with subscription email notifications. In the meantime, be sure to check your favorite boards for new topics.

Creo flow (7.0.8) orthotropic thermal conductivity doesnt work

BB_9671067
4-Participant

Creo flow (7.0.8) orthotropic thermal conductivity doesnt work

Hello all,

I am trying to use a orthotophic thermal material in Creo flow (v.7.0.8), but whenever I try to load the material from the main model I recieve the error: "thermal conductivity or capacity for the following materials is zero: Material name". They are of course not zero. If I change to isotrophic type it works without an issue.

Can anyone tell me how to work around this? The only way I can think of doing this is by a vertical series of isotrophic thin layers to approximate the orthotrophic properties.

Thanks in advance,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It sounds like you know already that the conductivity and capacity come from the solid model properties. You can also assign those values in the analysis tree. You would first set your material for the domain to "None" and then you can enter the conductivity and capacity directly in the analysis tree on the Model tab.

I'm working in an older version than you are (V4.0), and it looks like I can only do isotropic. It's worth trying to see if you can enter those values manually.

tmoser_2-1684867371912.png

tmoser_1-1684867066524.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

It sounds like you know already that the conductivity and capacity come from the solid model properties. You can also assign those values in the analysis tree. You would first set your material for the domain to "None" and then you can enter the conductivity and capacity directly in the analysis tree on the Model tab.

I'm working in an older version than you are (V4.0), and it looks like I can only do isotropic. It's worth trying to see if you can enter those values manually.

tmoser_2-1684867371912.png

tmoser_1-1684867066524.png

BB_9671067
4-Participant
(To:tmoser)

Hello, 

Thanks for the quick reply.

That works! Setting the material to 'none' and entering the cartesian conductivity directly in that tab circumnavigates the buggy import. 

Thanks again.

Glad to hear that worked for you. It's very handy to do it that way if you want to quickly try different materials.

Top Tags