cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Legacy Data Imported Into IsoDraw

KeithCurtis
1-Newbie

Legacy Data Imported Into IsoDraw

I'm relatively new to IsoDraw. I'm running 7.1 CADprocess M040. I have a lot of legacy data (files that were created using AutoCAD and other formats) that I want to bring over to IsoDraw. Every time I attempt to import an AutoCAD file into IsoDraw it comes in with all the lines changed to dashed lines and I have to redefine line types. Is there a setting in the preferences that needs to be set? Or do I need to save my AutoCAD drawings down to a earlier release?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Keith

I'm not an IsoDraw expert and don't spend much time working with it, but I never experienced what you mentioned. At the moment I'm on 7.2 F000 and getting solid lines when opening your sample file - see the attachment.

Since 7.1 M040 is a bit outdated, I'd suggest trying 7.2 F000. It's newer release and, more important, there were quite a few improvements/enhancements introduced in regards to importing DXF/DWG (Release Notes).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hello!

Try to look at options of import of a file for format DWG ("Edit"-> "Preferences"-> DWG Import):

Preferences.jpg

Import.jpg

Thanks for responding, but I didn't see anything there that looked like it would resolve my problem. Does the same thing happen to you when you try to import an AutoCAD drawing. I've attached just a basic drawing if you don't have an AutoCAD drawing available. Nothing fancy just a couple of rectangles.

I opened your file in versions of Arbortext IsoDraw 7.1 M060 and 7.2 F000 and the result after the "Preview" can be seen below (there is no "dashed lines"):

Example.jpg

Keith

I'm not an IsoDraw expert and don't spend much time working with it, but I never experienced what you mentioned. At the moment I'm on 7.2 F000 and getting solid lines when opening your sample file - see the attachment.

Since 7.1 M040 is a bit outdated, I'd suggest trying 7.2 F000. It's newer release and, more important, there were quite a few improvements/enhancements introduced in regards to importing DXF/DWG (Release Notes).

Thanks Dmitry, looks like that will solve my problem. I just have to get management to OK updating to 7.2 and evaluate it to make sure we don't lose any functionality of our add-ons. Like I said I'm new to IsoDraw and just thought I was running the latest and greatest.

Top Tags