cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Values different for RPT and CSV output files...

jellis-2
4-Participant

Values different for RPT and CSV output files...

Has anyone seen this?  I opened a CSV file to manipulate some of the tables and the values are different than what is in the RPT file. The attached picture shows what I am talking about. This particular analysis just shows preloading on some fasteners there were no external forces.  Nothing seems to match...Also what are the values in columns C, D, and E in the CSV file?  Thanks.

RPT_vs_CSV.JPG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:jellis-2)

Jacob,

are you sure these two results are from the same run? The differences start with the contact_area and are all over there.

Gunter

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:jellis-2)

Jacob,

are you sure these two results are from the same run? The differences start with the contact_area and are all over there.

Gunter

jellis-2
4-Participant
(To:gkoch)

Gunter,

I am going to give you the correct response as they are not the same run, I figured it out yesterday and have yet to update this thread. I will add a bit of information to this in case anyone else runs into this issue...

I ran the analysis the first time, which is the CSV report in the image above, and must have left the CSV report open during the next run of the same analysis in which I made changes to my preload. I assume that since the CSV report was already open Creo was not able to overwrite it in the analysis directory files.  I came to this conclusion by looking at the RPT file and the time the analysis finished, which correlates to the time the RPT was written, and when I went and looked at the last time the CSV report was updated the time stamp was more than an hour earlier.  The axial forces from the CSV looked like they did before I adjusted my preload and I am not sure why the areas were different but at one point I changed the fastener head size and that could be the reason why they were different.

I'm not sure if that is exactly the reason they are different but it makes sense.

Thanks for your reply!

Top Tags