cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Comma in subscripts

Scrangle
2-Guest

Comma in subscripts

Hi!

I'm trying to switch from Mathcad 15 to Mathcad Prime 5.0 but still haven't found any way of writing commas in subscripts without the formula switching to some other format. In Mathcad 15 you could always use the Ctrl+Shift+k to do this but i haven't found any equivalent solution in Prime. Do anyone know of a solution to this problem?

I've already searched the web (and forums) but haven't found an adequate solution to this. I found a post where they gave some suggestions and said something should have been added in Prime 3.0 but i haven't been able to find any references as to how this actually work. Since im working with Eurocode and write a lot of formulas with subscripts i can't be bothered with copying content back and forth but rather need a straight forward way of achieving what i want.

Kind regards,

Johan 

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Johan,

"still haven't found any way of writing commas in subscripts without the formula switching to some other format"

I use an underscore character to replace the comma.

Capture.PNG

Cheers

Terry

Similarly, a semi-colon also works.  Looks a bit closer to a comma.

Guess there is no easy and practical way for everyday work to achieve what you demand.

You may create a variable in Mathcad 15 and convert the Worksheet to Prime (the left example in my picture). Then you may use the converted variable name as a template an use copy and paste. This is not very inviting and stops the workflow - on the other hand Prime as a whole is a workflow stopper, so its consistent 😞

I was not able to find a way to create a variable like this in Prime from scratch.

We can create variable names with a comma in them using the "quotation marks trick" which kind of replaces  the Ctrl-Shift-k trick of real Mathcad (example in center of pic) and we can subscript normal letters to the left and right of it (right example in pic) but it looks like because of the sometimes very strange cut and paste behaviour in Prime its not possible to subscript the comma itself.

B.png

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Scrangle)

My suggestion is to put in a cedilla: ¸  

As you see. it looks very close to a comma (it's the comma that Spanish use below the c).

You get it with ALT-247.

Success!
Luc

Top Tags