cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Simpel 2D vector plot

AntonJelle
1-Newbie

Simpel 2D vector plot

I have been searching the forum for a solution to my problem and I havent found one i could use.

What im looking for is a simple way to draw a vector in a graph. Somthing like a=x,y and I would like the results to look somthing like this.

u3l3c5.gif

I know i can use other programs than mathcad to get the desired results but a simple way in mathcad to get the desired results would be best.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:AntonJelle)

Here. I can't fnd the original thread, so I'll just repost the file.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Anton,

Your attached worksheet doesn't show much at all.

I would also post any worksheets in Mathcad 11 format for a wider audience.

Mike

Thank you I will post in Mactcad 11 the next time.

The mathcad dokument wasnt realy meant to show anything. I was just meant to show away Mathcad could show a vector. so dont mind the dokument.

Is it possible to get mathcad to show a vector like in the pic? using a form like a=x,y?

regards

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

You could use a Polar plot. Would this be suitable?

MikePolar plot.gif

Yes I think I could use that would you mind uploading a Matcad dokument where you use it. I might be able to inserte my values and get it to work.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Anton Jelle wrote:

Yes I think I could use that would you mind uploading a Matcad dokument where you use it. I might be able to inserte my values and get it to work.

This can be achieved, but I am struggling for time at the moment. I will have a closer look later.

Please find the worksheet I was playing around with.

Mike

Two re-post of recently attached in this forum.

jmG

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:RichardJ)

Richard Jackson wrote:

Nice worksheet.

Will he have to manually calculate the change in the X and Y values though to take account for his angles?

Mike

Yes, but that's just some basic geometry. The routines that actually plot the vectors with arrowheads is the hard part, and that's covered in the worksheet.

Thanks To all of you. I had a little problem with my internet this last week so I couldnt read you answers till now.

But Plotting 2D Vectors - from Tom.mcd.zip Was just the thing i was lokking for. I tried to do somthing simmilar myself but is was fare from bein as elegant as this was.

Thank you all for the help.

Regards Anton

For all what you want including the literals, better have a scalable graphic package. For just image , use paint.

Announcements

Top Tags