cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Using colormaps in matrix Pictures

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

Using colormaps in matrix Pictures

There are many limitations in Mathcad's graphics capabilities (and a corresponding list of feature requests to improve them). Most of the time I just work around these limitations using standard techniques or just sigh and move on ("nothing to see,move along folks..."). However, every once in a while I get sufficiently irritated to do something about it.

In this case, I wanted to have color the mandelbrot set and didn't much like the display in 3D, so I wrote a function to use the 3D colormaps to colour a 2D image matrix for display in the Picture component. The worksheet also contains an animation.

However, I also have a memory like a something or other, I forget what. Checking after I'd written the attached worksheet, it turns out that this problem has arisen before and dpsycho posted an example that replicates the Rainbow map and I also found some other of my worksheets that created custom colormaps.

Stuart

collab+-+13+01+12+Picture+color+map+01.jpg

9 REPLIES 9

I like it.

Great sheet, as usual!

It looks to me as if your utilities section has grown again - very helpful and much appreciated.

Thanks!

Werner

Stuart,

Thanks!

Thank you all, but unfortunately there is an error in the interpolation method. I'll post a revised one later on.

Stuart

Here's the update ...

Stuart

collab+-+13+01+20+Picture+color+map+01.jpg

Thanks a lot!

Slightly modified version ...

collab - 13 01 23 Picture color map 01.jpg

It's interesting to note how much difference choice of colormap makes in bringing out the structure of images; any give colormap can be very good for one image and useless for another.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:StuartBruff)

Great worksheet! Somehow (i.e. too much work to do) I missed this thread.

Looks great!

Top Tags