cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Mineral Meanings?

Eric_S
10-Marble

Mineral Meanings?

Hi All,

Can any of you point me to the key to the tags that are applied to us in the community? They look like Number-Mineral, for example I am 7-Bedrock, but I haven't found an explainer for what they mean. Thanks guys!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DJNewman
17-Peridot
(To:Eric_S)

They are ranks. Read this FAQ for more details: https://community.ptc.com/t5/Welcome-How-To-s/PTC-Community-Rank-FAQs/m-p/613437#M616

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
DJNewman
17-Peridot

They are ranks. Read this FAQ for more details: https://community.ptc.com/t5/Welcome-How-To-s/PTC-Community-Rank-FAQs/m-p/613437#M616

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.
Eric_S
10-Marble
(To:DJNewman)

Cool! Thanks for your help on this one, @DJNewman .

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Its part of a very silly kind of gamification here. Somewhere in the depth of the Welcome and HowTo section of this forum there should be  a list explaining all those many stones.

PTC admins thought that a simple number like the 7 in your case is not enough to indicate the rank of a user (whatever rank should mean anyway). We also have a list of stones like your Bedrock or my Ruby and as if the huge list of 20-30 stones would not be enough, some of those stones even have kind of sub ranks (the roman numbers) like the V in my Ruby V. And, no, kids, thats not all - for users with reading disability there is also additionally a speedometer as a rank indicator.
I have never understood why we are treated like little kindergarten children in this respect 😞

To see if a user may have experience and you should rely on his answer you may also mouseover his username and you will see the number of postings he wrote, the number of kudos he got from other users and number of solutions he/she provided.
And, yes, you also see a lot of badges, the meaning of which has never been clear to me either, but somewhere there is surely also a list explaining them.

EDIT: Ah, I just see that @DJNewman  found the stone list and posted the link to it,

Eric_S
10-Marble
(To:Werner_E)

Hey, thanks @Werner_E  I appreciate it. I hope you and the rest of the community have a great weekend.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Thanks, @Dale_Rosema !

Top Tags