cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

New email in My PTC Community settings

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

New email in My PTC Community settings

Hello everyone!
How do I change my email in PTC Community Settings? it seems impossible!
Thanks for answering me.

5 REPLIES 5
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:-MFra-)

Silly as it is you can't do it from within this forum ("community") but you have to manage your PTC account at the PTC support site.

Hope that this link works for you:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/my-web-account

AndrewK
Community Manager
(To:Werner_E)

Thanks @Werner_E Looks like that link works, and you can find more information here How to change Community Email address - PTC Community

It really would be far more intuitive and easier to be able to change things like its mail address  from within the community via "My Profile" or "My Settings". At least a link to the appropriate PTC support page in "My settings" or "My Profile" would help more than a "How To" buried in the depths of the menu structure 😉
I can remember that when I had to change my mail address here in the past, I also had a hard time until I found out how to do.

The "How To" you referred to says, that it would be necessary to create a new account in case you don't have access to your old mal account anymore. I am not 100% sure but I think back then I was able to change my Mail address without having to confirm that change via a reply to a mail to my old mail account. So having access to the old mail account wasn't necessary.

BTW,  is there any help in sight considering the slow reactions in this Khoros  hosted forum?
When I press "reply" or chose "Edit reply" it takes half a minute and more until I can start writing and there still is a problem with embedded pictures which take even more time until they will be finally displayed.
There were times were we did not face these problems. Is it that Khoros is overloading their backbones or are there other reasons known?

AndrewK
Community Manager
(To:Werner_E)

It would be a good idea to at least have a link in settings. That's something that should be easy to add. I'll talk it over with the team and see if we can get it into a future update.

As far as the slow reactions, Khoros is making regular updates to improve performance and fix bugs, however we aren't experiencing the same delays when replying and uploading images.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:AndrewK)

Andrew,

Rarely, but still I also observe such a issue.

When I press "reply" or chose "Edit reply" it takes half a minute and more until I can start writing and there still is a problem with embedded pictures which take even more time until they will be finally displayed.

Top Tags