cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Copy Widget from one Mashup to another

nikkolasep
10-Marble

Copy Widget from one Mashup to another

Hello everyone,

I have the need to copy and paste some widgets from one mashup to another in order to avoid all the necessity of setting up the properties over and over again. Does anyone have solution to this? I've tried with the copy and paste button on the toolbar but it doesn't work.

Thanks in advance.

nikkolasep_0-1648117278785.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey, this should work across mashups and copy over your widget with all of its properties set (except for bindings). Sometimes you may get an error message about pasting into a parent or responsive container, but it should eventually work when you select a different container.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hello @nikkolasep 

pls check the linked article for your reference:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs287371

Regards

Bhawna

Thanks for the feedback. The problem was the container has fixed sized and I was trying to copy and paste a angularwidget. But now it's solved. I just need to make the container responsive.

Hey, this should work across mashups and copy over your widget with all of its properties set (except for bindings). Sometimes you may get an error message about pasting into a parent or responsive container, but it should eventually work when you select a different container.

Yes you're completely right. Thanks for your response. 

CharlesJi
14-Alexandrite
(To:nikkolasep)

Hi @nikkolasep

What version are you using? I have tested with ThingWorx 9.2.4, and it works as expected - widgets get copied&pasted across mashups with their properties.

I'm using the Thingworx 9.1.8-b845

Top Tags