cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Hide columns in excel export which are excluded in Grid

VK_10159720
8-Gravel

Hide columns in excel export which are excluded in Grid

Hi Developers,

I have a grid which I am exporting into a csv file via Data Export widget. I am using ThingWorx 8.5.

There is a column (OEE) which I have excluded in Grid Configuration and I am not showing it on the screen.

However, on exporting that grid data, it is coming in the excel file.

I need to remove OEE column, kindly suggest how to exclude it from excel.

Thanks in Advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nmutter
14-Alexandrite
(To:VK_10159720)

The Grid shows data provided from an Infotable.

The Data export widget also takes the same Infotable data.

nmutter_0-1684787126963.png

There is no connection between Grid-configuration and the DataExport widget. If you don't want to export a specific column, the column must not be in the infotable. Maybe you can use https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS180324 to remove the column in the service providing the Infotable?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
nmutter
14-Alexandrite

The Grid shows data provided from an Infotable.

The Data export widget also takes the same Infotable data.

nmutter_0-1684787126963.png

There is no connection between Grid-configuration and the DataExport widget. If you don't want to export a specific column, the column must not be in the infotable. Maybe you can use https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS180324 to remove the column in the service providing the Infotable?

jensc
17-Peridot

Hello @VK_10159720 ,

Where are you getting the data from?

If it is an SQL query, it might be simplest to just write a new query, leaving out the columns you do not want.

I tried finding some snippet that could do this, but couldn't really find any, so @nmutter's way with removing the field for each row might be the best way

Regards,

Jens

Top Tags