cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

How to connect MQTT server to thingworx?

Ru
14-Alexandrite
14-Alexandrite

How to connect MQTT server to thingworx?

Hello,

I want to connect MQTT server to thingworx. I have download MQTT Broker in my system successfully. and Import MQTT extention in thingworx Successfully. Now i Want to Connect MQTT server to thingworx.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
6 REPLIES 6
rjanardan
16-Pearl
(To:Ru)

Ru
14-Alexandrite
14-Alexandrite
(To:rjanardan)

I have taken an IP address in the server name, yet the thing is not connecting.

I have taken systems's IP Address in serverName, Yet the thing is not connecting. Please check the attachment below.

rjanardan
16-Pearl

What error do you see in Application logs when you save your MQTT thing?What is the version of MQTT extension? Are both TWX and broker on your local machine?

Ru
14-Alexandrite
14-Alexandrite
(To:rjanardan)

i am getting this error"Unable to connect to MQTT in [MyMQTT] : Timed out waiting for a response from the serve"

i am using MQTT extention V2.1.0 

Yes both thingworx and broker on local machine

rjanardan
16-Pearl

v2.1.0 has a bug which prevents isConnected and lastConnection fields from being updated but publishing and subscribing may still work. I believe even this had some issues. So I would recommend you to use the latest version which is v2.1.2. 

It is available in Support portalRelease 8.5 -> ThingWorx MQTT Extension

Please share a screenshot of your MQTT Thing configuration page

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Ru.

If the previous response answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Thank you for your participation in our community.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags