cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

How to monitor the quality of the bound tag

CZ_9645217
14-Alexandrite

How to monitor the quality of the bound tag

Dears,

I have a page showing the running status of the device. If the device is disconnected from the network, the tag quality of Kepserver is bad. What can I monitor to know that the tag becomes bad? Is it possible to use Subscription, or is there any other way to achieve it? Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @CZ_9645217,

There are a few services that you can use that return the quality of a property/tag such as GetPropertyQuality or GetPropertyDiagnostics. You can refer to the following article for some more details : Service to monitor Quality attribute of a Remote Property in ThingWorx Industrial Thing.

The tag quality cannot be selected as reference to create an Alert, only its value, so I guess if you want to trigger something based on the value of the tag quality you will need to do this programmatically by retrieving the tag quality using one of the services mentioned above, comparing its value to some reference values and triggering some code for the different use cases.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @CZ_9645217,

There are a few services that you can use that return the quality of a property/tag such as GetPropertyQuality or GetPropertyDiagnostics. You can refer to the following article for some more details : Service to monitor Quality attribute of a Remote Property in ThingWorx Industrial Thing.

The tag quality cannot be selected as reference to create an Alert, only its value, so I guess if you want to trigger something based on the value of the tag quality you will need to do this programmatically by retrieving the tag quality using one of the services mentioned above, comparing its value to some reference values and triggering some code for the different use cases.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:CZ_9645217)

Hi @CZ_9645217.

If the previous response answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags