cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Import/Export

Sruthi
14-Alexandrite

Import/Export

HI,

I am trying to export a project(entities+data) from my local instance to cloud ThingWorx(30 days trial version). I imported all the entities without data. Now I need to import the data. How to do that?

I upload the exported data file in a file repository and tried Import-> from file-> file repository-> but my file is not showing there.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mnarang
17-Peridot
(To:Sruthi)

in that case, choose the export to file option for collection of entities and collection of data separately. while doing export for entities and data you can add Project/Tag in the option and that will export entity attached to the project or data attached to the project only.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
tdixit
13-Aquamarine

Hi @Sruthi 

Thank you for reaching out to PTC.

Can you share a screenshot to see what is happening when you click on ImportSource as "fileRepository"

Also, have you checked the Help Center  to see how to perform import/export in ThingWorx

Regards,

Toolika Dixit

mnarang
17-Peridot

The best way to export (entites+data) is to export to ThingworxStorage option selecting the include data checkbox and Universal export checkbox. Once this export is completed you will get the exported folder(with date time stamp name) in ThingworxStorage/export directory. You can take out this folder and keep it on another thingworx ThingworxStorage/export folder and try to do import from ThingworxStorage and select the same folder. 

Sruthi
14-Alexandrite
(To:mnarang)

yeah, but if I do so the whole entities and data would be exported right?. 

I want to export only particular project's entities and data.

mnarang
17-Peridot

in that case, choose the export to file option for collection of entities and collection of data separately. while doing export for entities and data you can add Project/Tag in the option and that will export entity attached to the project or data attached to the project only.

Top Tags