cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Import issue

KN_9954684
12-Amethyst

Import issue

When importing Thing(Database or Mailserver) entity, configuration details are also getting imported.Tried different import options(disabling overwrite property values etc..) but existing configuration is getting replaced .Please let me know if it is possible to not disturb existing configuration.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KN_9954684
12-Amethyst
(To:abjain)

Thank you for the clarification!!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
abjain
13-Aquamarine
(To:KN_9954684)

@KN_9954684 : When we import any entity, everything related to it get imported and it will replace the previous entity with the imported one.Don't think that you can keep the original configs as is on import. Better would be to add the previous entity configurations to the new one.  

KN_9954684
12-Amethyst

Everytime I export from my local,the configuration values are getting imported to client machine when they import.It is not practical for them to update values always and it is not safe as it is carrying my local configuration.Is there any other workaround for this problem as It is a serious problem.

abjain
13-Aquamarine
(To:KN_9954684)

@KN_9954684 You can duplicate the entity in your local and then import it so that it has different name in the client machine when its imported there.

Then compare the configuration and make changes in the thing. 

Unfortunately there is no way to selectively import some part of the thing without making changes to original one while importing. 

KN_9954684
12-Amethyst

Thank you for the clarification!!

The Configuration Tables will not be overridden if your entities are imported as part of an Extension.

If so, the system will keep the previous values.

However, if you import them singularly, as files, the values will be overridden - the behavior in this case is different. I'm working to clarify this in the Help Center, since this behavior is not known widely.

Top Tags