cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Industrial Connection can be created but not be deleted.

eyli
12-Amethyst

Industrial Connection can be created but not be deleted.

In my Thingworx composer, I created an industrial connection, then I tried deleting it but failed. "Unable to dispose thing" always show when I delete it.  I then found I can only create but can not delete industrial connection. I used Administrator account. I googled this question but found nothing can help. Hopefully here someone can help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @eyli.

It appears that the issue was resolved by upgrading to 8.4.9.  The issue was not reproducible under the supported releases of 8.5 and 9.x.

If you agree that this was the solution, please mark this response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same issue.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Hi @eyli 

Is the thing disconnected when you are trying to delete it? 

Regards,

Sachin

eyli
12-Amethyst
(To:SachinSharma)

I just created a industrial connection without other settings. The I tried deleting it and failed with "Unable to dispose thing". May I know how I can know if it is connected or not?

@eyli 

You can check the isConnected property to verify the connection status and also there is connection icon on the left of the thing name as shown below,

SachinSharma_0-1616580760645.png

I did a quick test, I created a new industrial connection and was able to delete it on 8.5.7 and 9.1.

Regards,

Sachin

eyli
12-Amethyst
(To:SachinSharma)

It show "Now Active" when I put cursor on the connection icon. I also saw the isConnected property value is 0.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:eyli)

Hi @eyli.

Are you still having a problem deleting it?  If so, check the logs located at \ThingworxStorage\logs for clues.

Regards.

--Sharon

eyli
12-Amethyst

Thanks for hint. I didn't see logs related to when I tried the deletion action. I also tried rebooting the computer but it didn't work. What should I do next to troubleshoot?

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @eyli.

I think at this point it would be easier to open a case.  I will be happy to open one on your behalf with your approval.  We will come back to this post to provide the solution once the case has been worked.

Regards.

--Sharon

eyli
12-Amethyst

Hi slangley,

Case 15820236 has been created for this.

Thanks and Regards

Edward

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @eyli.

It appears that the issue was resolved by upgrading to 8.4.9.  The issue was not reproducible under the supported releases of 8.5 and 9.x.

If you agree that this was the solution, please mark this response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same issue.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:eyli)

Hi @eyli 

What method did you use for creating it?

Regards.

--Sharon

eyli
12-Amethyst

I did it manually.

Top Tags