cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Lorawan Gateway

FD_9792724
5-Regular Member

Lorawan Gateway

Hello !

I looking for a Lorawan Gateway which could do a direct connexion to Thingworx.

I tried the 'CloudGate' gateway from 'Option', but it crashes when I bound my remote thing in TWX8.5.

I am waiting for option  support, but I need to find quickly another solution.

Any idea of which product could match?

Thanks for your help,

Regards,

Foucauld

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FD_9792724
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirRosu)

Hello Vladimir, 

We tested the new firmware this morning and the connexion is done !

We could test sendings properties to a remote thing from a device and there are no more issue for the moment.

Now we have to organize the Luvitred program to manage several devices and several remote things.

The project can continue.

Foucauld

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Since you said "Lorawan Gateway which could do a direct connexion to ThingWorx" it means you can not use Actility, one of our ThingWorx Ready technology partners who has a direct cloud2cloud connectivity to any ThingWorx instance you might want.

I worked with them in two projects, and they are working quite well.

The thing is that you need to provision them first in Actility's cloud, then in the ThingWorx platform you have two choices: you either do your own provisioning (if you use the raw HTTP Connector) OR you rely on their built-in provisioning they provide via their ThingWorx connector.

FD_9792724
5-Regular Member

Hello Vladimir, 

Thanks for your answer.

Yes I would prefer to not subscribe another cloud solution and connect directly a Lorawan gateway to remote things and update properties.

Another solution could be using MQTT, but it also needs to implement and maintain a MQTT broker.

That's why my first choice is to find a gateway with a 'direct' connection to Thingworx

Regards,

Foucauld

Hi @FD_9792724 ,

I know that the support is working on that issue now, but out of curiosity, how many gateways do you plan to have, and how exactly are you adding sensors to them?

Do you need to go to each gateway and provision the Lora sensor in it, or there's a cloud component here where you can do these activities for all GWs (maybe just for sensor provisioning?)

I'm asking this because I'm concerned that without a provisioning cloud (or server) for the sensors, it's going to a be a bit difficult to manage the Lora sensors, especially when you'll have lots of gateways (need to login in each their interfaces locally etc.).

Thank you!

FD_9792724
5-Regular Member

Hello Vladimir, 

Yes, we received a new firmware and will test it Tomorrow morning.

For this project, we will have 1 gateway, and 20 sensors (temperature  /  power consumption)

We will have to setup the sensors from the Gateway interface.

Regards, 

Foucauld

FD_9792724
5-Regular Member

Hello Vladimir, 

We tested the new firmware this morning and the connexion is done !

We could test sendings properties to a remote thing from a device and there are no more issue for the moment.

Now we have to organize the Luvitred program to manage several devices and several remote things.

The project can continue.

Foucauld

Top Tags