cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Mashup Configure binding ThingName

ATidake
10-Marble

Mashup Configure binding ThingName

I am looking at a mashup looks like carried forward from previous version of ThingWorx. I started working learning from 9.3. Not able to find any documentation.
Can I get information how ThingName is configured? .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ATidake
10-Marble
(To:ATidake)

Found the answer

Mashup--> explorer 

Properties and select configure properties of selected widget and add parameter 

these new parameters will be displayed in mashup properties and bind them as required. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

You should be able to get to the help center from Thingworx help.

https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/platform/r9/en/index.html#page/ThingWorx/Welcome.html

Your screenshot is showing a mashup with a mashup parameter and from somewhere, not shown the parameter value is provided.

My best guess, since it is called ThingName, there is some other service or parameter or selection in a parent mashup, that is providing a default or selected Thingworx Thing.

Like loaded events which gives output in the same way Thingname is property, not able to see the binding, neither it has been configured in mashup property tab.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

I'm not sure if you've considered taking the ThingWorx fundamentals courses, but that should give you enough basis to understand Mashup parameters and the concept of 'dynamic' services used within a mashup, which is most likely why the ThingName is being passed in.

ATidake
10-Marble

Found the answer

Mashup--> explorer 

Properties and select configure properties of selected widget and add parameter 

these new parameters will be displayed in mashup properties and bind them as required. 

Top Tags