cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

No option to download extensions at the PTC Marketplace

ArturSarlo
3-Visitor

No option to download extensions at the PTC Marketplace

Hello,

I'm currently trying to download any widget extension to test at my Thingworx Platform instance, but until now, every extension that I looked at the marketplace does not have a download option.

Is there anything missing at my account level? Or maybe I'm looking at the wrong marketplace website.

*Bellow a screen shot for one of the extensions that I want to test called "HERE Map Widget ThingWorx Extension"

Screenshot from 2023-03-02 16-55-54.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:ArturSarlo)

Hi @ArturSarlo.

ThingWorx extensions were removed from the PTC Marketplace a few years ago.  If you have a support agreement for ThingWorx, you can find all supported extensions on the PTC downloads page.  For other extensions not supported by PTC, you can search github and IQNOX.com.  You'll need to create an account on IQNOX but the ThingWorx extensions are free.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:ArturSarlo)

Hi @ArturSarlo.

ThingWorx extensions were removed from the PTC Marketplace a few years ago.  If you have a support agreement for ThingWorx, you can find all supported extensions on the PTC downloads page.  For other extensions not supported by PTC, you can search github and IQNOX.com.  You'll need to create an account on IQNOX but the ThingWorx extensions are free.

Regards.

--Sharon

Hello @ArturSarlo ,

I am not sure what information you are trying to locate. The FREE extensions which had been on the MarketPlace in the past are no longer located there.

During a review it was determined that many of the extensions which were on the Marketplace were not getting the necessary security updates.
A review of the items was conducted. Items which were determined to be items which are of general interest to the larger community have been incorporated into the ThingWorx product as features.

Items which did not meet that definition were removed.  A version of the extension can be found at IQNOX
https://www.iqnox.com/iot-services/thingworx-widget-development/iqnox-widgets-for-thingworx/

You may need to create an account (free) but you can then access those items and download the latest versions available.

Information on the changes can be found in the 

Article - CS345079 - Changes to ThingWorx extension support model
https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs345079

Please let me know if you have any additional questions

Peter

Top Tags