cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Organization and its units

AP_9587236
17-Peridot

Organization and its units

In one organisation if i created 3 organisational units with individual usergroups, the parent organisation also automatically added with few usergroups of its organisational units.

As it is an automatic, i want either (i) the parent organisation should be added with all the usergroups/users of its organisational units (or) with no usergroups/users. Any settings is there to check this abnormal activity?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:AP_9587236)

Not too sure if I understand you correctly, but the way Organizations work and how visibility works with them is that parent units will have visibility to child units.

However if you assign User Groups to specific Units, they shouldn't become automatically applied to parent Units.

So if I'm in a User Group that is assigned to any parent unit, I will see what the child nodes can see.

https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/platform/r9/en/index.html#page/ThingWorx%2FHelp%2FComposer%2FSecurity%2FOrganizations%2FOrganizations.html

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Not too sure if I understand you correctly, but the way Organizations work and how visibility works with them is that parent units will have visibility to child units.

However if you assign User Groups to specific Units, they shouldn't become automatically applied to parent Units.

So if I'm in a User Group that is assigned to any parent unit, I will see what the child nodes can see.

https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/platform/r9/en/index.html#page/ThingWorx%2FHelp%2FComposer%2FSecurity%2FOrganizations%2FOrganizations.html

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @AP_9587236

If the previous response answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags