cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Post installation error with ThingWorx Analytics server 8.3 on Windows server 2016

alessandro96
6-Contributor

Post installation error with ThingWorx Analytics server 8.3 on Windows server 2016

Hi, I followed the step before the installation recommended  

by the guide but the installation has ended with this post-installation error(look the photo).

after i read the log file and there were not all the components of descriptive service.

I don't know the reason of this. Someone has some advice? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I went through you log and found this error:

"Error running .\DescriptiveAnalytics-4.5.7-SNAPSHOT-windows-installer.exe"

I believe that there may be an issue with the installer that you originally downloaded since there is the word snapshot in the file name.  Could you try downloading ThingWorx Analytics server 8.3 again and see if this resolves the issue.

Also make sure to remove the failed installation by using the uninstallation script before installing the new one.

Thanks,

John

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

I believe I found an article in our KCS knowledge base that will resolve this error.  Could you try following the steps in this article and see if that resolves the issue? 

If this does not work could you also attach the installation logs to see if there are any other errors that are occuring during the install process?

Thanks,

John

alessandro96
6-Contributor
(To:jgreiner)

Thanks john,

i look that article but it talk about a linux installation, anyway my installation folder has all permission.

I enclose the file log below.

Hi,

I went through you log and found this error:

"Error running .\DescriptiveAnalytics-4.5.7-SNAPSHOT-windows-installer.exe"

I believe that there may be an issue with the installer that you originally downloaded since there is the word snapshot in the file name.  Could you try downloading ThingWorx Analytics server 8.3 again and see if this resolves the issue.

Also make sure to remove the failed installation by using the uninstallation script before installing the new one.

Thanks,

John

alessandro96
6-Contributor
(To:jgreiner)

Thanks!

now the program works

Top Tags