cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

ThingWorx-Foundation.exe missing after installing ThingWorx

Kaushik_22
5-Regular Member

ThingWorx-Foundation.exe missing after installing ThingWorx

I installed ThingWorx 9.1.1 (Postgres, Java 11, Windows) using installer. After the installation, I can't see ThingWorx-Foundation.exe in tomcat/bin folder. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Kaushik_22)

Hi @Kaushik_22.

There is no ThingWorx-Foundation. exe.  ThingWorx runs under Tomcat, it's the Tomcat executable runs. 

From the screenshot you provided, there is something preventing the service from being created.  When you ran the installer, did you run as Administrator?  If not, I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling as there may be other issues.  If you prefer not to do that, or if you already ran as Administrator, you can try creating the service by running service.bat located in \ThingWorxFoundation\tomcat\apache-tomcat-9.0.62\bin.  Do an edit on the file first to determine what arguments need to be passed to it.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

most probably it will be installed in following path...

C:\Program Files (x86)\ThingWorxFoundation\tomcat\

Kaushik_22
5-Regular Member

I can start the Thingworx server using the service in 'Services' window. As Thingworx-Foundation.exe is missing, I can't set the java options. I get the error below when running tomcat_windows_service.bat which creates the Thingworx-Foundation.exe file.

Kaushik_22_0-1665768424002.png

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Kaushik_22.

There is no ThingWorx-Foundation. exe.  ThingWorx runs under Tomcat, it's the Tomcat executable runs. 

From the screenshot you provided, there is something preventing the service from being created.  When you ran the installer, did you run as Administrator?  If not, I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling as there may be other issues.  If you prefer not to do that, or if you already ran as Administrator, you can try creating the service by running service.bat located in \ThingWorxFoundation\tomcat\apache-tomcat-9.0.62\bin.  Do an edit on the file first to determine what arguments need to be passed to it.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

@Kaushik_22 

One other thing....you can run Tomcat without the service by running tomcat9.exe located in the same bin folder mentioned in the previous post.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags