cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

ThingWorx mashup limit for Kepware properties to be displayed

VK_10079185
8-Gravel

ThingWorx mashup limit for Kepware properties to be displayed

Hello,

I have more than 500 Assets which will be connected to ThingWorx via Kepware. Initial requirement is to show all machines status on single mashup (as small boxes with color changes) and later we need to read other properties also from the machines. Refresh rate at Kepware is 1 sec for each status property.

I just want to understand that is there any limit on number of remote properties can be displayed on single mashup and any rendering issues we may fall into if we keep increasing the data points?

1 REPLY 1
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:VK_10079185)

I think your performance may suffer, even if it is not too hard to get the data into your mashup, the rendering might be slow.

You can certainly try to retrieve all points and then render as a test (not too hard with a collection widget and a 'child' mashup) to see the performance.

Be sure to retrieve all data in one service to then pass into the collection, avoid running any services within the 'child' mashup.

Likely the better approach will be to do some sort of 'smart' filtering to show assets of a certain status on first view and provide additional filters and pagination to view the rest.

Keep in mind that although the collection widget will be the simplest way to show many assets, it may not be the most performant.

Top Tags